Saturday, March 9, 2013

There's no place like home.

Hello again!
 I have finally returned from our much anticipated trip to my  childhood hometown. It was a wonderful time seeing my granny and uncles. The little ones loved all the sites of such a busy town and were in awe of the large shopping malls. Their favorite places of course were kiddie approved fun! We started out shopping at the very huge shopping mall. They found the coveted  Build a Bear Workshop. Each made their very own special cuddle buddy, tucking a hand picked fabric heart inside before they were stitched up. Then it was off to the wash station to clean off the extra fluff.





 
 
Then it was time to celebrate my birthday by having my favorite pizza in the whole world, BLT,  only made by a Quad City Legend known as Happy Joe's Pizza. I didn't care which restaurant we went to enjoy one just that we had that pizza! We chose to make it worthwhile for the kiddos too and went to the one that offered an indoor playground & arcade, Jungle Bungle. It looked a little like this the whole time there, excuse the blurred little guy running he didn't even eat while there. I think he had  more fun for my big day than I did.

After resting and a much needed nap for my little ones we ventured out for another childhood favorite, ice cream at none other than Whitey's Ice Cream! The thickest malts in town.
 
 
I did some yarn shopping at three big craft stores all over town. My bounty was splendid!! I thank my wonderfully understanding husband for indulging in my "boring to the man" looky loo for hooky goodies!! He was so patient and helpful to carry it to the register!
 
 I have lots of crafty hooking ideas for my new yarn. I have started on another infinity scarf in the bright rainbow color on the bottom of the pile to the far right. I'm only four rows into it and loving the colors already. It's going to be perfect for Spring time chilly days yet to come. Currently we are suffering through yet another snowfall that started out very heavy. It's tapered down to a light snow now of a few inches. Just enough to spark the "Yuck effect" of slushy mess.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. OOoh the bright rainbowy yarn really caught my eye - looking forward to seeing your rainbow infinity scarf!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete